This page will have a stash of useful links that Club secretary Robert finds useful or has shared with members and friends elsewhere.
Unless explicitly stated, these resource links are provided exclusively by Robert and do not represent any endorsement or guarantee by the Club, its membership, or the General Motors Company at any time.
- Automatic OBDII adapter – Launched on Kickstarter years ago, now owned by Sirius XM. Plugs into your OBD II port. Blocks Onstar diagnostics. Provides mileage, fuel efficiency, driving habit, and other diagnostic info through a mobile app or their website dashboard. Good for tracking hard accel/stops, battery health, trip mileage, and more. Robert uses them in both of his cars.
- Roadtrip Luggage fitted bags (Sky 3-Piece Basic Set and 2-Piece Upgrade Set, Solstice 2-Piece Basic Set [E]) – custom-designed bags to fit the limited space in our trunks. If you use the 3-Piece and the 2-Piece set together, you won’t be able to put the top down. There are other brands available, including Kappasphere sets (full set, duffle, tote) from DDMWorks, but Robert hasn’t personally used them.
- 3D-Printed seat belt guides (Available on eBay [E] and Facebook Marketplace) – A gentleman on the Kappa-related Facebook groups makes a seat belt guide in three colors that clips into the seatback pocket and pulls your seat belt further forward at rest so you don’t have to pry it out from behind the seat.
- Royal Purple “Purple Ice” coolant additive[A] – this has been described by club members and others on the forums as useful for bringing down the coolant temps in your Kappa by up to 20 degrees Fahrenheit, but if your coolant temps stay under 220 you may not need it. I haven’t used it yet, but there’s a bottle on the shelf in case I take another hot ride.
- Liqui Moly 2007 Jectron fuel injector cleaner[A] – recommended by some on the forums, and I use it every 2-3 months in each of my cars, or after any time I have to put less than premium top tier gas in (which was once in 27 months so far).
- Lifting pucks (from SkyRoadster.com)
- Tulip flap plastic clip issue (from SkyRoadster.com)
- DDMworks coolant bleed procedure with video
Disclosure: Links marked [E] are using the eBay Partner Network, and [A] are using the Amazon Affiliate Network. Both of these may provide a small commission to Robert Novak, this site’s operator, at no extra cost to you. Such commissions go first to support the up-front cost of running this site (about $20 a year including domain registration), and any other funds are submitted to the Treasurer of the Club on a quarterly basis when available. If you prefer not to support the site, you may select the name of the item and right-click to web search for the item. But we hope you’ll help us out a little bit.
Last updated 2018-11-11